Kirkbymoorside Town Council

The Shambles, Crown Square, Kirkbymoorside, York YO62 6AY
Tel: 01751 432217
Email: town.clerk@kirkbymoorsidetowncouncil.gov.uk
http://www.kirkbymoorsidetowncouncil.gov.uk

Agenda

Issued on 11 October 2011 for a meeting of the Town Council to be held at 7 pm on 17 October 2011 in Church House, Kirkbymoorside

Members of the press and public are welcome to attend

  1. To receive apologies for absence.
  2. To receive Declarations of Interest in items on the agenda.
  3. Minutes and Matters Arising
    1. To approve the minutes of the Meeting held on 19 September 2011
    2. To approve the minutes of the Extra Ordinary Meeting held on 3 October 2011
    3. To receive the minutes of the Planning Committee held on 19 September 2011
    4. To receive the draft minutes of the Staffing Committee held on 19 September 2011
    5. To receive the draft minutes of the Manor Vale Committee held on 9 September 2011
    6. To consider matters arising.
  4. Public Session - to allow members of the public to make representations, ask questions and give evidence in respect of any items of business.
  5. Discussions with District and County Councillors
    1. County and District Councillors to respond to questions already posed
    2. Town Councillors to raise urgent matters recently arisen
    3. County and District Councillors to advise the Town Council on any new matters
  6. Tesco
    1. To agree that when Tesco planning application is received by the Town Council office, it will be considered by the Town Council at an Ordinary Meeting and not the Planning Committee.
    2. Questionnaire - to report the projected costs of producing the questionnaire to the Council for fiduciary approval
  7. To agree that a list of all Councillors' personal e-mails can be circulated to Councillors to facilitate communication.
  8. To decide on the procedure for inclusion of items on agenda.
  9. (Cllr Alexander) To consider and approve a request from the steering group for the community led plan for Kirkbymoorside that the council will settle necessary expenses incurred in the work of consultation, up to a maximum of £500, the council to hold all money and settle individual items, the group having no funds and preferring to have the council hold any money involved with the process (under LGA 1972 s.111.)
  10. To consider financial matters:
    1. To approve cheque payments according to the list provided
    2. To note that a cheque for petty cash has been stopped and the Imprest system has now been reconciled.
    3. Deferred from previous meeting - To resolve to improve the Money Management of capital held at the Bank on our behalf by investing on a revolving basis, 3 increments of capital into a 3 Month Business High Interest Deposit Bond.
    4. To note that the External Audit is now complete and that the External Auditor’s Report has been received. To note that on completion of the External Audit, Sections 1, 2 and 3 of the Annual Return have been published on the noticeboard and in the office window together with a ‘Notice of Conclusion of Audit and Right to inspect the Annual Return.’ This notice was posted on the 11 October 2011 and will be on display until 25 October 2011
    5. To consider whether the Council should continue to supply dog bags.
    6. To note that the Town Clerk will purchase a wreath from the Royal British Legion up to the value of £25 under s137 of the Local Government Act 1972.
    7. To consider a request from the Northern Ryedale Public Transport Group for a contribution to enable the group to continue either as £30 or payment in kind eg. meeting room costs.
    8. (Cllr Brampton) To decide to create a finance committee to deal with financial review matters that are the responsibility of the council and to bring proposals to the council on any financial matters, including the budget for the following year, cash management policies, fund management policies (if any) and any other matters the council considers appropriate for delegation.
    9. (Cllr Brampton) To decide how the budget for next year is to be prepared; by delegation to the finance committee, delegation to the clerk, or otherwise.
    10. (Cllr Brampton) To decide to set aside a fund from its cash reserve to generate income to provide for the maintenance of existing graves, and to be added to with the capital element of charges for new graves. To consider how to obtain proposals for the investment of the fund, either by delegation to the finance committee or otherwise.
  11. (Cllr Brampton) To agree to investigate whether implementing a version of the proposal kindly prepared by John Paul could be justified on the basis that the increase in the value of the old library would match the cost of the work, and therefore the council could be justified in going ahead with improvements without making a final decision on the use of the building.
  12. (Cllr Brampton) To consider what practical steps can be taken to formulate a policy on street lighting, including consideration of the condition of lights owned by the council and the formulation of an investment strategy to deal with their condition and to seek returns through reduction in energy costs or transfers to North Yorkshire County Council.
  13. Insurance:
    1. To ask Councillors to review the summary of sums insured prior to the renewal of the Insurance on 1 November 2011.
    2. To receive information regarding the Council's insurance policy with regard to volunteers.
  14. (Cllr Brampton) To consider whether there is a serious danger of accident at the pedestrian crossing on the A170, and if so what action should be taken.
  15. Planning Decisions
    1. To note planning decisions from Ryedale District Council:
      1. 11/00764/FUL for Mrs Allison Holloway| Approved | Change of use of first and second floor from existing natural health clinic to residential accommodation | 2 West End Kirkbymoorside YO62 6AF
      2. 11/00906/ADV for Kia Motors (UK) Ltd| Approved | Display of 2no. internally illuminated folded fascia signs, 1no. internally illuminated totem sign, 1no. internally illuminated service sign and 1no. non- illuminated entrance gate sign | Kia Motors Piercy End Kirkbymoorside YO62 6DT
      3. 11/00817/LBC Mrs Carter| Approved | Replacement of existing dormer window with conservation rooflight and re-roofing of dwelling with new red clay pantiles | 83 West End Kirkbymoorside YO62 6AD
      4. 11/00260/FUL Mr Harry Clark| Approved | Erection of a three bedroom dwelling to include lowering of site levels and formation of parking/turning and amenity areas (revised details to refusal 10/00332/FUL) and change of use of paddock to form domestic amenity area | Land To South Of 16 Church Street Kirkbymoorside York
      5. 11/00907/LBC The Royal Bank of Scotland Group| Approved | Replacement of second floor timber sash window with new timber sash window | 12 Market Place Kirkbymoorside York YO62 6DA
    2. (Cllr Brampton) To consider whether there needs to be an agenda item for Planning Decisions given that the council receives the same information in the Planning Committee's minutes.
  16. To decide on which 2 trees/shrubs to put in the tubs on Piercy End. £200 has already been agreed for this purchase and the Council are advised to choose from the following:
    1. Himalayan Birch, 3 m £75 each
    2. Crab Apple 3m £75 each
    3. Holly, 1.7m, £65 each
  17. To review the process for the provision of the 4 non business partnership Christmas Trees and confirm the procedure for erection of lights and decorations.
  18. Winter Maintenance
    1. To agree on the priority for gritting streets in Kirkbymoorside as part of the Winter Maintenance program.
    2. (Cllr Brampton) To agree on specific actions to be taken in order to set up volunteer groups to deal with snow clearance.
  19. Request to Council to suggest items for possible inclusion for the Agenda of the 5 Towns Meeting to be held at Kirkbymoorside on 5 December.
  20. To consider the quotes from contractors for the cutting of the Manor Vale hedgerows.
  21. Play Areas
    1. To request for Councillors to assist Catherine, Judy and Sally in litter picking at Old Road until Play Areas Committee arrange rota
    2. To appoint members of the public to the Play Area Committee
    3. To set a date for the first meeting
  22. Report from NYCC re C20 Highway improvement study requesting input from Council towards the feasibility Study
  23. Cllr Brampton) To consider requesting the clerk to prepare a report on the status of grounds management arrangements (primarily grass cutting), including the current contract situation, possibilities for managing the contract to reduce the level of complaints, clarification of how much grass cutting is being handled on behalf of other authorities and to consider the extent to which it is in the council's interests to carry out grass cutting for others.
  24. Receive the Town Mayor’s Report
  25. Receive reports from Members representing the Town Council at meetings of outside bodies.
    1. (Cllr Coughlan) Report from the Sportsfield Association meeting 6 Oct. - TC is being asked to support bid for grant applications to Sporting England for purchase of adjoining field.
  26. Receive reports from Members on delegated matters
  27. Receive officers' report
  28. Questions to the Chairman
  29. To note that the office copy of Local Administration has been lost in the office move and a replacement has been ordered at a cost of £58.80.
  30. To note the date of the next meeting on 21 November 2011 at 7 pm in Church House.
agenda2011-10-17.txt · Last modified: 2012/07/14 09:15 (external edit)
Recent changes RSS feed Debian Powered by PHP Valid XHTML 1.0 Valid CSS Driven by DokuWiki