Kirkbymoorside Town Council

The Shambles, Crown Square, Kirkbymoorside, York YO62 6AY
Tel: 01751 432217
Email: town.clerk@kirkbymoorsidetowncouncil.gov.uk
http://www.kirkbymoorsidetowncouncil.gov.uk

Agenda 17 March 2014

Issued on 11 March for a meeting of the Town Council to be held at 7.30pm on 17th March 2014 in Church House, Kirkbymoorside

Members of the press and public are welcome to attend

  1. To receive apologies for absence
  2. To receive Declarations of Interest in items on the agenda
  3. Minutes and Matters Arising
    1. To receive and approve the minutes of the meeting of the Town Council held on 17 February 2014
    2. To receive the minutes of the meeting of the Staffing Committee held on 10 February 2014
    3. To receive the minutes of the meeting of the Sports Committee held on 24 February 2014
    4. To receive the minutes of the meeting of the Manor Vale Management Committee held on 26 February 2014
    5. To receive the minutes of the meeting of the Finance Committee held on 7 March 2014
    6. To consider matters arising
  4. Casual Vacancy
    1. To resolve to declare Donna Marsden's office to be vacant: Section 86(1) of the Local Government Act 1972 as amended
    2. To resolve to give public notice of the vacancy on the Parish Council: Section 87(2) of the Local Government Act 1972
    3. To resolve to determine where the notice of the vacancy should be placed: Section 232 of the Local Government Act 1972 as amended
  5. Public Session - to allow members of the public to make representations, ask questions and give evidence in respect of any items of business
  6. Discussions with District and County Councillors
    1. County and District Councillors to respond to questions already posed
    2. Town Councillors to raise urgent matters recently arisen
    3. County and District Councillors to advise the Town Council on any new matters
  7. To consider financial matters:
    1. To approve cheque payments according to the list provided
    2. To receive the Financial Summary for March 2014
    3. To receive recommendations from the Finance Committee
  8. Sports Committee
    1. To receive recommendations from the Sports Committee
    2. To appoint Cllr Judy Watson as a substitute Council representative to the Sports Committee
    3. To appoint Judy Langham to the Sports Committee
  9. Former Library Building
    1. To receive an update regarding the progress of the works to the former library building
    2. To note the following alterations to the contract specification in order to comply with Building Regulations:
      1. altered room sizes in accordance with Building Control in order to incorporate the original arch stonework
      2. duel action hinge on the door entering the hall from the porch in order to comply with Building Control
      3. bring forward the wall units that were to be recessed into the wall, in line with the kitchen units as having recessed units made them inaccessible without the use of a step ladder causing a health and safety risk
    3. To consider and agree minor alterations in accordance with recommendations from the contractors:
      1. laminate doors favoured over painted or varnished doors
      2. to agree that a freezer is not necessary in the store room
      3. to agree to authorise the Town Clerk and the Working Group to liaise with the contractor to decide a design for the kitchen
    4. To discuss and agree a policy for the management of the former library building
    5. To discuss and agree the requirements for furnishing the former library building
    6. To consider and agree a name for the former library building
  10. Opening of Former Library Building - Tour de France 100 day Cultural Festival on Saturday 3rd May
    1. To decide a name for the event in order to publicise and promote the occasion
    2. To discuss suggestions for effective content and promotion of the event
  11. Neighbourhood Plan
    1. To agree to begin the process of writing a Neighbourhood Plan http://mycommunityrights.org.uk/neighbourhood-planning/
    2. To consider and agree to request the Town Clerk to look into the options of direct support and grant funding
  12. To note any progress in respect of the S106 project funding applications which were submitted to RDC on 20 November 2013
  13. 2014 - 2016 Contracts - To consider tenders received for Grounds Maintenance (Cemetery & Play Areas)and Manor Vale Woodland and appoint a contractor
  14. Welcome to Kirkbymoorside Sign
    1. To consider and agree to proceed with pursuing the possibility of re-siting the 'Welcome to Kirkbymoorside' sign on the western approach from Helmsley onto the A170 verge and erecting the new sign format at the new site in accordance with the price previously agreed with Raymac Signs of £610 + VAT plus fitting costs
    2. To note that the cost of the replacement panel £125 + VAT
    3. To agree the charges to local businesses and groups for hiring the marketing panel and an appropriate booking system
  15. Christmas lights
    1. To note the response from NYCC Highways in respect of restrictions for street light designs on highways
    2. To consider the various design styles and agree a format for the replacement christmas lights
  16. To acknowledge the considerable efforts by Marie Curie to raise £23,999.22 in 2013
  17. Receive the Town Mayor’s Report
  18. Receive reports from Members representing the Town Council at meetings of outside bodies
  19. Receive reports from Members on delegated matters
  20. Receive the Town Clerk's report
  21. Questions to the Chairman
  22. To note the date of the next meeting on 14 April 2014 at 7.30 pm in Church House

Related Documents:

agenda2014-03-17.txt · Last modified: 2014/03/14 15:05 by bolland
Recent changes RSS feed Debian Powered by PHP Valid XHTML 1.0 Valid CSS Driven by DokuWiki