Kirkbymoorside Town Council
|The Shambles, Crown Square, Kirkbymoorside, York YO62 6AY|
|Tel: 01751 432217|
Issued on 12 April 2011 for a meeting of the Town Council to be held at 7 pm on 18 April 2001 in the Manor Vale Community Centre, Kirkbymoorside
Members of the press and public are welcome to attend
- To receive apologies for absence.
- To receive Declarations of Interest in items on the agenda.
- Minutes and Matters Arising
- To approve the minutes of the Meeting held on 21 March 2011.
- To receive the draft minutes of the Staffing Committee held on 4 April 2011.
- To consider matters arising.
- Public Session - to allow members of the public to make representations, ask questions and give evidence in respect of any items of business.
- To review planning applications:
- 11/00224/CLEUD by Mr S Walker | Certificate of Lawfulness in respect of the use of land as domestic garden to Highfield House in excess of 10 years (revised details to refusal 10/00161/CLEUD dated 16.04.2010) | Land To Rear Of Highfield House Kraig Lane Keldholme York
- 11/00236/FUL by Mr & Mrs Cornforth | Erection of rear first floor extension above garden room | 4 Parkers Mount Kirkbymoorside York YO62 6JB
- 11/00260/FUL by Mr Harry Clark | Erection of a three bedroom dwelling to include lowering of site levels and formation of parking/turning and amenity areas (revised details to refusal 10/00332/FUL) | Land To South Of 16 Church Street Kirkbymoorside York
- Discussions with District and County Councillors
- County and District Councillors to respond to questions already posed
- Town Councillors to raise urgent matters recently arisen
- County and District Councillors to advise the Town Council on any new matters
- Questions to the Chairman
- Uncontroversial matters - single vote on all without discussion, or move items down the agenda
- To confirm to Ryedale District Council the town council's support for the proposed road closure on 1 May 2011 for the Kirkbymoorside 10K run
- To consider requesting Ryedale District Council or a private contractor to remove the cemetery spoil heap based on their estimate of cost to be provided by 15 April 2011.
- To consider the policies on additional paths in the cemetery - should they be surfaced or grass? Any other considerations.
- To consider whether a handover of the initiative on signs at the A170 entry points to the town is needed, given that Councillors Mudd and Gunton will shortly leave the council, and if so to consider appointing council members to continue the initiative.
- To consider financial matters:
- To authorise the introduction of an imprest system of petty cash with a float of £100. See Wikipedia for an explanation of how an imprest system works. Petty cash to be subject to spot checks by councillor auditors.
- To authorise a standing order for quarterly payment of rent for the council office.
- To authorise council officers to commit to expenditures, none exceeding £250, that are considered necessary for the maintenance of council property or for the efficient running of council services, such expenditures to be reported to council meetings. This in addition to existing delegated authorities to
- renew subscriptions
- purchase stationery
- commit to emergency expenditures up to £500
- To confirm the cancellation of the “search and store” internet based storage service, saving £180 per annum. Replaced by a free service.
- To authorise purchase of 2 x Copernic desk top search at a total cost around £55 (ex VAT)
- To authorise transfer of telephone and broadband accounts to Zen Internet using Zen Business Talk Plus with 500 anytime inclusive call minutes £19.99 (ex VAT) per month and Zen Lite Broadband with up to 10 Gb download at £15.31 (ex VAT) per month. Other charges, such as mobile calls, apply but are significantly lower than the present BT contract. The majority of calls are local, and charges over the last year (ex VAT) have averaged approximately £72 per month. Broadband has been costing £15.31 (ex VAT) per month. Zen requires only a one month contract commitment.
- To authorise purchase of twin DECT cordless phones for approximately £80.
- To approve use of confidential waste disposal service at £3.50 per sack plus £17.50 per collection.
- Determine which members or officers are to be signatories for dealings with North Yorkshire Pension Fund.
- To ask whether any councillor is aware of any conflict of interest (e.g. they are clients of Mazars) in relation to the council's audit by Mazars.
- To approve cheque payments according to the list provided
- To note planning decisions from Ryedale District Council:
- 11/00067/FUL for Mr & Mrs G Gunn | Approved | Demolition of existing dwelling and erection of a six-bedroom dwelling with linked double garage with hobby room above | Quarry House Hagg Road Kirkbymoorside York YO62 7JF
- 11/00072/HOUSE for Mr & Mrs S Cook | Approved | Erection of first-floor extension to rear and single-storey garden room to side | Castle Lodge Castlegate Kirkbymoorside York YO62 6BW
- 11/00140/HOUSE by Miss Liz Turnbull | Approved | Erection of two storey extension to side and rear elevations. | 48 Keld Head Orchard Kirkbymoorside York YO62 6EF
- Receive the Town Mayor’s Report
- Receive reports from Members representing the Town Council at meetings of outside bodies.
- Receive reports from Members on delegated matters
- Receive officers' report
- To resolve that the date of the 2011 Annual Meeting be 11 May 2011 at 7 pm in the Manor Vale Community Centre, followed by an ordinary meeting at 7.30 pm.
- To note that a staffing committee meeting (to shortlist candidates for town clerk) is scheduled for Monday 16 May 2011.
- To note that council meetings have been provisionally fixed for Wednesday 23 May 2011 and 20 June 2011, these dates to be finalised at the Annual Meeting.