Kirkbymoorside Town Council
|The Shambles, Crown Square, Kirkbymoorside, York YO62 6AY|
|Tel: 01751 432217|
Issued on 4 May 2011 for a meeting of the Town Council to be held at 7.30 pm on 11 May 2011 in Church House, Kirkbymoorside
Members of the press and public are welcome to attend
- To receive apologies for absence.
- To receive Declarations of Interest in items on the agenda.
- Minutes and Matters Arising
- To approve the minutes of the Meeting held on 18 April 2011
- To consider matters arising.
- Public Session - to allow members of the public to make representations, ask questions and give evidence in respect of any items of business.
- To make further comments (if desired) on planning appeals:
- 11/00025/HOUSE for Mr Derek Thrippleton | Appealed | Installation of door to give access to second floor fire escape balcony (retrospective application) | Flat 5 Chapel House 26 West End Kirkbymoorside York YO62 6AF
- Discussions with District and County Councillors
- County and District Councillors to respond to questions already posed
- Town Councillors to raise urgent matters recently arisen
- County and District Councillors to advise the Town Council on any new matters
- Questions to the Chairman
- Consider requests for grants (application forms provided separately):
- Kirkbymoorside Sporsfield Association requests £800 towards the cost of exchanging the present tractor for a ride on mower.
- Councillor Coughlan to report back on litter bin provision for the sports field - to consider proposed action, if any.
- Council Office in The Shambles:
- To note that the landlord has given the Council notice on the lease (which terminated on 1 April 2011) for the office in The Shambles and staff must vacate by 1 July 2011. The landlord proposes to modernise the office, including installation of thermal insulation and a mini-sink for drinks preparation and washing up.
- To consider a policy for the Town Council office
- To appoint a team to negotiate rentable office space with any future landlords
- To consider financial matters:
- Councillors to sign mandate in order to sign cheques for the Town Council
- To approve cheque payments according to the list provided
- To note planning decisions from Ryedale District Council: None.
- To note that trees at Plum Tree Cottage, 36 Piercy End, Kirkbymoorside will be felled. Contact has been made with the Tree & Landscape Officer at Ryedale District Council regarding this matter, which is considered uncontentious. The deadline for comments was prior to 11 May.
- Receive the Town Mayor’s Report.
- Receive reports from Members representing the Town Council at meetings of outside bodies.
- Receive reports from Members on delegated matters
- To determine if any Councillor wishes to stand at the National Park Parish Member Elections.
- Receive officers' report:
- One of the mosaic panels at Ryedale Play Area has been slightly weather damaged this winter
- To note the Chairman has called the Annual Parish Meeting for 17 May at 7.30pm in the Methodist Hall
- To note that the date of the next staffing committee is 16 May in order to shortlist candidates for the job of Town Clerk
- To note that the next Manor Vale Committee Meeting is Friday 20 May at 9.30 am at Manor Value Community Centre.
- To note the date of the next ordinary meeting on 23 May at 7 pm in the Manor Vale Community Centre.
- To consider excluding the public for the following item by virtue of the need to discuss confidential material
- To decide on awarding the Kirkbymoorside Community Award and to decide on the form of the award.