Kirkbymoorside Town Council
|The Shambles, Crown Square, Kirkbymoorside, York YO62 6AY|
|Tel: 01751 432217|
Agenda - in preparation
Issued on 11 January 2012 for a meeting of the Town Council to be held at 7 pm on 16 January 2012 in Church House, Kirkbymoorside
Members of the press and public are welcome to attend
- To receive apologies for absence.
- To receive Declarations of Interest in items on the agenda.
- Minutes and Matters Arising
- To approve the minutes of the Meeting held on 19 December 2011
- To receive the Draft Minutes of the Play Areas Committee Meeting held on the 9 January 2012
- To receive the Minutes of the Staffing Committee Meeting held on the 19 December 2011
- To receive the Draft Minutes of the Staffing Committee Meeting held on the 4 January 2012
- To receive the Minutes of the Planning Committee Meeting held on 19 December 2011
- To receive the Draft Minutes of the Planning Committee Meeting held on 4 January 2012
- To receive the Draft Minutes of the Finance Committee held on the 17 December 2011
- To receive the Draft Minutes of the Manor Vale Committee Meeting held on the 13 January 2012
- To consider matters arising.
- Public Session - to allow members of the public to make representations, ask questions and give evidence in respect of any items of business.
- Discussions with District and County Councillors
- County and District Councillors to respond to questions already posed
- Town Councillors to raise urgent matters recently arisen
- County and District Councillors to advise the Town Council on any new matters
- Questions to the Chairman
- To note that North Yorkshire County Council’s street lighting engineer has confirmed that the signs (bus stop flag and clearway sign indicating no parking between 08:00 – 18:00) can go on the street lighting column outside Kitching Walker Solicitors. In addition notice to be recorded that the hanging baskets will need to be removed as will the connections and brackets for any Christmas illuminations, to avoid placing too much strain on the column and visually obstructing the signs.
- To note the contents and restrictions on storage of data within the registration for Data Protection.
- To consider financial matters:
- To approve cheque payments according to the list provided
- To receive the financial report for receipts and payments
- To agree to revolve the current £49,999 on deposit and due to mature on 24 January 2012
- To implement further deposits of £49,999 one month apart for the subsequent 2 months resulting in a revolving 3 monthly return
- To agree to continue using Scribe 2000 for the preparation of the next year’s accounts and authorise the invoice for payment.
- To receive an update from the clerk on the collation of prices for the replacement of concrete pillars (including updating/changing same pillars to Highway specification) and response from Acorn for the information requested regarding inspections emailed by the clerk in November
- To request the Clerk to instigate tender processing for the on-going maintenance of the street lights due the cessation of the existing contract on 31 March 2012
- To request the Council to liaise with the Highways Department to create a one way traffic system at West End and Crown Square and associated removal and insertion of parking restrictions and speed bumps on Piercy End to enable service vehicles easy passage and access.
- From the Play Areas Committee:
- To agree to the recommendation from the Play Areas Committee that the following resolution be rescinded: Minute 11149 ‘To replace the broken fence along one side of the Play Area with a wooden one at a cost £480.’
- To consider purchasing Wetpour surfacing for underneath the double swings and large cantilever swing at Old Road Play Area. The double swing set is not currently in use as the matting is deemed unsafe.
- If b) is agreed, to agree that the Play Areas Committee can spend up to £6,750 on Wetpour surfacing once 3 quotes have been received.
- To consider allowing the Play Areas Committee to spend £155 to replace rubber straps on the small swings at Old Road Play Area
- Old Library
- To receive the report from the Team subsequent to the meeting of 9 January 2012
- To consider doing a study of the Dog Bins around Kirkbymoorside with a view to purchasing more bins from Ryedale District Council following recent complaints of dog fouling. Bins cost £84.61 + installation (at a cost of £30 per hour) and dispensers are £70. They are emptied free of charge (to the Town Council) by Ryedale District Council.
- To investigate the provision of seated bus shelters at existing bus stops where there is space available that will not impede the passage of pedestrians.
- To receive reports from Members representing the Town Council at meetings of outside bodies.
- To receive reports from Members on delegated matters.
- Mayor's report
- Officer's or Clerk's report
- To note that the office staff has received numerous complaints from residents who never received a Tesco Questionnaire.
- To note the date of the next meeting on 20 February 2012 at 7 pm in Church House.