Kirkbymoorside Town Council
Agenda - Staffing Committee
Issued on 9 September 2011 for a meeting of the Staffing Committee to be held at Church House, Kirkbymoorside on 19 September at 5.45pm
Members of the press and public are welcome to attend
- To receive apologies for absence.
- To receive Declarations of Interest in items on the agenda.
- Minutes and Matters Arising
- To approve the minutes of the Meeting held on 11 July 2011.
- To consider matters arising.
- To receive the appraisal report for the Assistant Clerk.
- Public Session - to allow members of the public to make representations, ask questions and give evidence in respect of any items of business.
- To review the Terms of Reference for the Staffing Committee.
- To discuss the draft Annual Planner.
- To agree a notification procedure for:
- Holiday Requests
- Sickness absence
- Variations on normal hours
- Discussion on workload
- Review of induction for the Town Clerk
- To review working hours for the Town Clerk and Assistant in order to ensure that messages are picked up before the weekend.
- To note that £1000 was allocated for staff training in the budget for 2011/12 and £225 has already been spent. Commitments for future training already booked amount to £200 (further financial information to be given at meeting).
- To agree that the Town Clerk is given 29 training hours in order to complete the Working With Your Council course.
- To agree to the Town Clerk attending a 2 day intensive Working With Your Council course at a cost of no more than £650(which includes 24 hours of staff time). This will save £175 which would be the additional cost of attending the regional working groups over the year.
- To agree that the Assistant Town Clerk is given 15 hours additional time in order to complete the Working With Your Council course.
- To note that a letter has been received from the Assistant Town Clerk accepting her new job title and amendments made to the contract.
- To note that amendments have been made to the Town Clerk's contract.
- To note that staff training hours will be reviewed at the next meeting.
- To agree on the date of the next meeting.