Kirkbymoorside Town Council
|The Shambles, Crown Square, Kirkbymoorside, York YO62 6AY|
|Tel: 01751 432217|
Issued on 15 May for a meeting of the Town Council to be held at 7.30 pm on 21 May 2012 in Church House, Kirkbymoorside
Members of the press and public are welcome to attend
- To receive Declarations of Interest in items on the agenda.
- To elect the Town Mayor for the coming year.
- To record the Declaration of Office of the Town Mayor.
- To receive Councillor Dowie’s report of her engagements since the Ordinary Meeting of the Town Council in April and comments on her period of office.
- To give a vote of thanks to Councillor Dowie for her work during the year 2011-2012.
- To give a vote of thanks to resigned Councillor Alexander for his contribution to the work of the council.
- To elect the Deputy Town Mayor for the coming year.
- To receive apologies for absence.
- To confirm the amount of the Town Mayor’s Annual Allowance and how this is to be paid.
- To agree membership and quorum for Committees listed below and to appoint Members to Committees and delegated teams:
- Internal Control - Councillors Audit
- Planning Committee
- Manor Vale Management Committee
- Play Areas Committee
- Finance Committee
- Staffing Committee
- Appeals Panel
- Cemetery Duties
- Five Towns Meeting
- John Stockton Trust Foundation
- North Ryedale Public Transport Group
- Police – Kirkbymoorside Community Consultation Group
- Sportsfield Committee
- Kirkbymoorside Environment Group
- To receive reports from representatives on outside bodies.
- To appoint Members to serve on outside bodies.
- To receive the schedule of meetings for 2012-2013.
- Minutes and Matters Arising
- To approve the minutes of the Meeting held on 16 April
- To approve the minutes of the extraordinary meeting held on 25 April
- To receive the minutes of the Planning Committee held on 16 April
- To receive the minutes of the Staffing Committee held on 16 April
- To receive the minutes of the Manor Vale Committee held on 20 April
- To receive the minutes of the Finance Committee held on 14 May
- To consider matters arising.
- Presentation on streetlights by Mr Ian Gilmore from NYCC
- Public Session - to allow members of the public to make representations, ask questions and give evidence in respect of any items of business.
- Discussions with District and County Councillors
- County and District Councillors to respond to questions already posed
- Town Councillors to raise urgent matters recently arisen
- County and District Councillors to advise the Town Council on any new matters
- Consider requests for grants (application forms provided separately): a) All Saints Church b) Ryedale Special Families
- To consider financial matters:
- To approve cheque payments according to the list provided
- To receive a statement of income and expenditure
- To receive a report regarding the councillor's audit for the 3rd and 4th quarters
- To agree the revised Financial Standing Orders as recommended by the Finance Committee
- To agree to amend standing orders to allow meetings of the Town Council to be filmed
- To agree to appoint a temporary Responsible Financial Officer
- To agree to appoint a temporary Proper Officer
- To agree new opening hours of the Town Council office from June 1
- To agree to proceed with essential maintenance works on the old Library, as per estimates invited, which may also encourage and/or facilitate any use which does not prejudice any possibilities which may arise out of the forthcoming community-led plan.
- To consider the Old Library being used as a Community Media Centre that would support local people, organisations and businesses to maximise the potential of new technologies.
- To agree a recommendation by the staffing committee to authorise additional staff hours to cover absence due to holidays and sickness.
- To receive reports from Members on delegated matters
- To consider amendments to Tesco planning application ref 11/01203/MFUL and response by Tesco to Council comments submitted following the meeting of 16 April.
- To receive the officers' report
- Questions to the Chairman
- To note that the date of the next meeting will be 18 June 2012 at 7.30 pm in Church House.