Kirkbymoorside Town Council
Agenda - Play Areas Committee
Issued on 4 January 2012 for a meeting of the Play Areas Committee to be held at 10.00 am on 9 January 2012 in Church House, Kirkbymoorside
Members of the press and public are welcome to attend
- To receive apologies for absence.
- To receive Declarations of Interest in items on the agenda.
- Minutes and Matters Arising
- To approve the Minutes for the Play Areas committee meeting on 29 November 2011.
- To consider matters arising.
- Public Session - to allow members of the public to make representations, ask questions and give evidence in respect of any items of business.
- To agree procedures for the clerk to take urgent action in the interests of safety
- To note that the budget for 2011/12 is £2620 and this budget is not sufficient for this year. The Committee should note that the Play Areas budget did not originally include Old Road Play Area.
- Ryedale View Play Area
- To agree to recommend to the Town Council that the following resolution be rescinded: Minute 11149 (iii) To replace the broken fence along one side of the Play Area with a wooden one at a cost £480.
- To discuss the removal of the fence in Ryedale Play Area and to agree not to replace it with another.
- To note that the materials for this fence were purchased by Allgardens at a cost of £240. These materials may be used by the Council at a later date.
- Old Road Play Area
- To agree to purchasing new rubber swing straps for the two swings in the Small Children’s Play Area at a total cost of £155.
- To note that the double swings were removed in December on the recommendation of the Town Council’s Play Inspector due to the poor state of the matting.
- To discuss replacing the matting underneath the double swings and large cantilever swing and to recommend to Council that the matting under the double swings should be done with some urgency.
- To consider the three quotations for matting and agree to accept one should money be available.
- To agree to ask the Town Council for additional funds in order to deal with urgent repairs in Old Road Play Area.
- To agree a date for the next meeting.