Kirkbymoorside Town Council
|The Shambles, Crown Square, Kirkbymoorside, York YO62 6AY|
|Tel: 01751 432217|
Issued on 10 December 2012 for a meeting of the Town Council to be held at 7.30 pm on 17 December 2012 in Church House, Kirkbymoorside
Members of the press and public are welcome to attend
- To receive apologies for absence.
- To receive Declarations of Interest in items on the agenda.
- Minutes and Matters Arising
- To approve the minutes of the Meeting held on 30 November 2012
- To receive the minutes of the Manor Vale Committee held on 16 November 2012
- To consider matters arising.
- Public Session - to allow members of the public to make representations, ask questions and give evidence in respect of any items of business.
- Discussions with District and County Councillors
- County and District Councillors to respond to questions already posed
- Town Councillors to raise urgent matters recently arisen
- County and District Councillors to advise the Town Council on any new matters
- Consider requests for grants (application forms provided separately):
- Kirkbymoorside 10K
- Welburn Hall School
- To consider financial matters:
- approve cheque payments according to the list provided
- receive the monthly financial report
- To consider employment matters:
- confirm the appointment of the new Town Clerk
- determine the percentage of gross salary to be offered in the form of a pension contribution, and consider how to implement the finance committee's recommendation to find a competitive scheme
- comment on the Local Government Pension Consultation
- To consider purchasing an Epson WorkForce Pro WP-4515DN A4 Colour Inkjet Printer for about £160 or a HP Officejet Pro 8100 for about £80 as a replacement for the existing HP colour laser
- Street Lighting - To consider instructing contractors to carry out high priority (as identified in the NYCC survey) improvements:
- to 3 street lights in Westfields. Consider whether to resite columns away from private gardens so as to allow adoption by NYCC
- concrete lamp post replacement on the A170 (number 3). Consider whether to order an additional 4 columns so as to meet roadway standards to allow adoption by NYCC.
- to one street light in Old Road (number 5)
- to one street light in West Lund Lane (number 2)
- to one street light in Castlegate (number 1)
- to one street light in Ryedale View (number 1)
- replacement of corroded lamp post in Ings Lane (number 1)
- replacement of corroded lamp post in Keldholme West (number 4)
- To review instructions to Ryedale DC for winter pavement clearance
- To delegate decisions on renovation of the floor of the old library to the acting town clerk in consultation with the chairman
- To consider internet matters:
- approve continuing use of Vision ICT for registration of the council's .gov.uk domain
- decide how council email addresses should be used for councillors
- consider use of MailChimp for mailings about council and committee meetings
- consider what directories should be included on the council web site
- review content posted on the web site to date
- consider subscribing to a site search service at a cost of $60 or $108 per annum
- consider purchasing a licence for Goodsync to synchronise public files between the office computer and the web site
- consider purchasing Amazon S3 storage services for backup and possible sharing of office files
- review the council's use of social internet sites including Twitter, Flickr and Facebook and confirm current practice
- To consider how to tackle a review of policies for the Town Cemetery and its administration
- To note that nominations for the Community Award are required by 30 January 2013
- To note that Morrisons (acting for Yorkshire Water) will be digging holes in the A170 from early January for up to five weeks, with traffic light controls and possible water cut offs
- Receive the Town Mayor’s Report
- Receive reports from Members representing the Town Council at meetings of outside bodies.
- Receive reports from Members on delegated matters
- Receive officer's report
- Questions to the Chairman
- To note the date of the next meeting on 21 January 2013 at 7.30 pm in Church House.