Kirkbymoorside Town Council
|The Shambles, Crown Square, Kirkbymoorside, York YO62 6AY|
|Tel: 01751 432217|
Issued on 10 July 2012 for a meeting of the Town Council to be held at 7.30 pm on 16 July 2012 in Church House, Kirkbymoorside
Members of the press and public are welcome to attend
- To receive apologies for absence.
- To receive Declarations of Interest in items on the agenda.
- Minutes and Matters Arising
- To approve the minutes of the Meeting held on 18 June 2012
- To receive the minutes of the Manor Vale Committee held on 15 June 2012
- To consider matters arising.
- Public Session - to allow members of the public to make representations, ask questions and give evidence in respect of any items of business.
- Discussions with District and County Councillors
- County and District Councillors to respond to questions already posed
- Town Councillors to raise urgent matters recently arisen
- County and District Councillors to advise the Town Council on any new matters
- Award of Grants
- To discuss a draft policy in relation to the awarding of grants
- To consider financial matters:
- To receive the financial statements for the preceding month
- To approve cheque payments according to the list provided
- To agree to delegate approval of payments due in August to two Councillors in the absence of a Council meeting
- To approve the transfer of funds from deposit to meet July and August expenditure
- Membership of Committees
- To agree further appointments to Council committees following the recent election of Cllrs Brewster and Turlington.
- Old Library
- To receive a report of meetings regarding short term use of the building and agree policy in relation to letting, rent and other expenses.
- Town Guide
- To agree arrangements for finalising copy together with printing and distribution.
- Hosting of Council Website, E-mail and related services
- To agree a process for review of services purchased by the Council including a detailed report on existing services, review of current needs and possible requirement to re-tender
- “Welcome To Kirkbymoorside” Signs
- To consider proposals received for funding, format and installation.
- Dog Bins
- To agree installation of new bins on the basis of prices received
- NALC Code of Conduct & Register of Members' Interests
- To consider a recommendation by Ryedale District Council that a new Code and Register be adopted following the introduction of a new ethical framework under the Localism Act 2011.
- Street Lighting
- To consider whether to contract with the County Council for a survey regarding replacement of street lights
- To note that a tender for maintenance has been distributed
- Councillors' Surgeries
- To review current arrangements
- To consider purchasing the Yorkshire Post daily for placement in the town library under LGA 1972 section 137.
- To agree to the Old Road play area being used for activity afternoons on three Mondays during the school holidays as requested by Castles and Crafts.
- To receive a report from the Planning Committee and discuss application reference 12/00599/MOUT: outline application for 260 dwellings at Westfields (Gladman Developments Ltd)
- Proposed diversion of Bridleway 25.54/7, High Park Farm.
- To note that during week beginning 23 July there will be various events at the library to celebrate the success of the joint working arrangements and to raise awareness of the services that are available at Church House.
- Receive the Town Mayor’s Report
- Receive reports from Members representing the Town Council at meetings of outside bodies.
- Receive reports from Members on delegated matters
- Receive officers' report
- Questions to the Chairman
- To agree to exclude the public due to the confidential nature of the next item
- Confidential staffing matters
- To note the date of the next meeting on 17 September 2012 at 7.30 pm in Church House.