Kirkbymoorside Town Council
|The Shambles, Crown Square, Kirkbymoorside, York YO62 6AY|
|Tel: 01751 432217|
Issued on 12 February for a meeting of the Town Council to be held at 7.30 pm on 18 February 2013 in Church House, Kirkbymoorside
Members of the press and public are welcome to attend
- To receive apologies for absence.
- To receive Declarations of Interest in items on the agenda.
- Minutes and Matters Arising
- To approve the minutes of the Meeting held on 21 January 2013
- To consider matters arising.
- Public Session - to allow members of the public to make representations, ask questions and give evidence in respect of any items of business.
- Discussions with District and County Councillors
- County and District Councillors to respond to questions already posed
- Town Councillors to raise urgent matters recently arisen
- County and District Councillors to advise the Town Council on any new matters
- To consider and agree a response to the Schedule of Proposed Changes to the Ryedale Local Plan
- To review the alterations made to the snow clearance scheme as a result of the meeting of 21 January 2013, minute 12082
- To consider financial matters:
- To approve cheque payments according to the list provided
- To receive the Financial Summary
- To review the honorarium for the winding of All Saints' Church Clock, currently £50 per annum
- To consider to trial an area of advisory parking markers, on the kerb edge, at the top (north east) end of Market Place, opposite the library
- To consider requesting North Yorkshire County Council to tarmac the roadside adjacent to the Old Road Play Area
- Old Road Play Area
- To appoint a contractor for the repairs to the gates at Old Road Play Area
- Welcome to Kirkbymoorside Signs
- To review proposals for format and installation
- Old Library
- To agree to the production of plans and a technical specification for renovation of the Old Library, to the level required for a planning permission application and a tender document, by Mr John Paul at a cost of £1,000.
- To agree that the Old Library Working Group continues to meet with Mr Paul to produce the final plans and Technical Specification, and to present these to Council for final approval prior to applying for planning permission and subsequently seeking tenders for the work.
- To review the documents supporting the Kirkbymoorside 10k grant application in view to approve the grant and release the grant funds
- Consider requests for grants (application forms provided separately):
- Kirkbymoorside Cricket Club request £10,000 for 3 projects with the outcome of reducing anti social behaviour, improve health and raise confidence by providing:
- Activity sessions
- Coaching courses for volunteers
- Equipment - artificial and mobile matting
- Kirkbymoorside Environment Group request £1718.50to cover the running cost elements of the Kirkby Fruit Pickers project which aims to:
- To use volunteers to pick fruit that would otherwise go to waste in people’s gardens and public spaces, and to find a good use for it locally
- To raise funds for projects that will benefit local people.
- Community Award
- To note that no nominations have been received by the closing date of 31st January
- To agree the specification for the maintenance contracts to include the A170 roundabout and grass verges
- Receive the Town Mayor’s Report
- Receive reports from Members representing the Town Council at meetings of outside bodies.
- Receive reports from Members on delegated matters
- Receive Town Clerk's report
- Questions to the Chairman
- To note the date of the next meeting on 18 March 2013 at 7.30 pm in Church House.