Kirkbymoorside Town Council
Agenda - Finance Committee
Issued on 3 February 2012 for a meeting of the Finance Committee to be held at 7.30 pm on 10 February 2012 in Church House, Kirkbymoorside
Members of the press and public are welcome to attend
- To receive apologies for absence.
- To receive Declarations of Interest in items on the agenda.
- Minutes and Matters Arising
- To approve the minutes of the Meeting held on 17 December 2011
- To consider matters arising.
- Public Session - to allow members of the public to make representations, ask questions and give evidence in respect of any items of business.
- To note that minute 7 of 17 December 2011 stated that the Committee is currently satisfied with all Accounting Services from Moore Stephens.
- To investigate the setting up of a separate account to administer the payroll and agree the “holding balance”
- To purchase a copy of “Local Council Finance” by Chris Richards for each Finance Committee member and an office copy
- To discuss and make recommendation to the Town Council regarding implementing further deposits of £49,999 one month apart from February for 2 months resulting in a revolving 3 monthly return on the monthly investment
- To comply with presentation documents for audit:
- To review and amend the Financial Standing Orders to reflect changes in the financial operational procedures
- To agree that a more informative and itemised Register of Assets be held in the office
- To review and amend the Register of Assets
- To note that a request under the Freedom of Information Act has been received regarding Computer Assets
- To review the Councillor Quarterly Audit process including updating the report document.
- To request the Cemetery Administrator to advise the Committee the current balance of funds held in prepaid cemetery plots
- Questions to the Chairman
- To agree a date for the next meeting